The American Epilepsy Society accepts support from corporations and other organizations in strict compliance with:
- Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) accreditation requirements for medical education providers
- Council of Medical Specialty Societies (CMSS) Code for Interaction with Companies
- American Epilepsy Society (AES) Policy on Commercial Support
AES discloses all corporate support in signage at the AES Annual Meeting and in the AES Annual Meeting program book. For the AES2020 virtual event, corporate support was disclosed in the Event Materials section of the virtual platform and in a mailing that was sent to domestic registrants as of mid-November.
Expenditures may include exhibit booths, sponsorships, advertising, continuing medical education grants, and grants that support AES fellowships, research programs, and education products. All expenditures for the year are totaled for recognition purposes.
American Epilepsy Society recognizes corporate supporters at the following levels:
- Benefactor: $500,000+
- Leader: $250,000-$499,000
- Partner: $100,000-$249,999
- Supporter: $50,000-$99,999
- Contributor: $25,000-$49,999
- Advocate: $10,000-$24,999
- Patron: $5,000-$9,999
These companies supported the American Epilepsy Society in 2020 through medical education grants, exhibiting at AES2020, advertising, or sponsorships: