Working Toward a World Without Epilepsy
Epilepsy is the most common and potentially devastating neurological disease that affects people across the lifespan.
- 1 in 26 people will have epilepsy in their lifetime.
- Seizures know no boundaries, striking any age, any socio-economic level, and any ethnicity.
- Between 2.2 and 3 million Americans, including almost 400,000 children, live with epilepsy. Of those, one-third suffer treatment-resistant seizures that do not respond to currently available medications.
- In the United States, approximately 40% of epilepsy patients do not have access to expert and appropriate care.
Help AES Attract the Best and Brightest Minds to Epilepsy
The American Epilepsy Society is the home for scientists, clinician researchers, physicians, and other healthcare providers dedicated to using the best and most current science to prevent, treat, and cure epilepsy.
Your generous gift helps us expand the epilepsy knowledge base and provide grants and fellowships that attract young scientists and clinicians to the epilepsy field. Gifts like yours help AES attract the best and brightest to epilepsy—the professionals who will generate new discoveries and treatments for generations to come.
AES provides special recognition to donors at these levels, based on total giving between November 1 and October 31 each year:
- Innovators Circle: $2,500+
- Discovery Circle: $1,000 to $2,499
- Explorers Circle: $500 to $999
- Builders Circle: $250 to $499
- Legacy Circle: Recognizes donors of bequests and known planned giving intentions
Gifts of any size are deeply appreciated. The American Epilepsy Society is a 501(c)(3) organization.
Gifts are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.